Friday, November 29, 2013

The Journey Continues

Thanksgiving comes at a perfect time for me this year. Though there have been challenges and losses, which are part of life too, there have been many amazing miracles that I have experienced.  So much growth, connection and love and for that, I am eternally grateful.

It's so easy to get caught up in the "Doingness" of life and even though I absolutely love what I do, I also allow it to consume me sometimes and I forget about other important aspects in my life.  I wake up early and jump on my computer instead of meditating or taking a walk. I roll over and pick up my iPhone to see if I need to tend to anything right away.  I worry that I don't have a beautiful photograph to put on Instagram for that day... or a good quote.  If I'm not diligent in my daily practices, I will allow the technological neurosis of the times to set in and eat me up.  So Thanksgiving and Hanukkah come at a great time....   I get to stop for a little bit and give my energy and love to reconnecting with people and I get to be social.  I emerge from the bubble I've been in and I find myself really wanting to listen to others... hear about their stories, their lives.... as I have been so engulfed in my own.


It's a balance... one that I am sure I will always struggle with... but I am learning that that too, is a part of life.... not the struggle, but the quest for balance... and I am grateful that at some point, I can feel the need for realignment and as I sit here writing this from my office, listening to the much needed rain, I am reminded that blogging and writing in my journal, are also a part of my daily balance practice.

Wishing you all a day of internal peace and joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment