Monday, June 6, 2011

Great Women Series interviews Beauty and Wisdom

Great Women Series by Ilie Ruby - Beauty and Wisdom Interview

Interview with Photographer Robbie Kaye

Robbie Kaye is a groundbreaking photographer and photojournalist, best known for her work illuminating the innate beauty of real women as they age. Her work The Beauty of Wisdom is a fresh look at the way we perceive beauty. Robbie came to photography after working a musician for many years.  Now she sees melodies and compositions in the images she photographs. Please welcome Robbie Kaye to The Great Women Series today.
What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Eggplant pizza and rootbeer while vegging on the couch watching a movie, wrapped in cozy blankets.
Your one wish for the world? A collective higher-consciousness for self-love.
What is your favorite word? Delicious Least favorite word? Never
What was the most difficult age for you? 19, I lost the ability to escape into exterior pleasures and had to face my fears and feelings of being lost, not knowing who I was.
What has been the best age for you? Now is the best age for me, for all of the learning that I have done in all the previous ages leading to now is coming together, more clearly, more honestly, more lovingly.
Do you believe in karma? Yes Synchronicity? Yes Love at first sight? Not sure. Second chances? No, no regrets. (Thank you Edith Piaf!)
Do you have a secret talent? I write poetry and play classical piano.
Have you overcome your biggest obstacle? Yes… that obstacle was me… I overcame it, by loving it… me, honestly.
Will you share your biggest epiphany? It was while reading Eckhart Tolle – that I am not my thoughts!
Favorite song? I have so many but  “Dirty Work” by Steeley Dan is one of them. Favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird or Eat, Love Pray
Your work? My love of road-tripping and traveling throughout this country and others, allows me to take photographs of beautiful land and the people, animals and foliage that live on it. My Beauty & Wisdom blog is www.beautyofwisdom.com. I am on twitter as beauty of wisdom and on FB as Robbie Kaye and also Beauty of Wisdom Page. The Beauty & Wisdom Trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuwTs56IJg
One misconception people have about you? That I’m intense or gruff. What is your truth? I’m from New York, honest and I have emotions that I don’t feel I need to always hide.
What is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to you? It was a compliment about my energy… or about the work I am doing with Beauty & Wisdom.
What is your best advice for any woman who is struggling to become who she is meant to be? Read or listen to information that she relates to that helps her build that self-love muscle. For me it is Law of Attraction, Eckhart Tolle, Barbara DeAngelis and so many more… read and listen to cds or watch videos…  it’s like taking vitamins for my soul and it helps in the learning of who I am, who I want to be and who I am meant to be.
What would you tell yourself 10 or 20 years ago if you could give her advice? You have a right to be here, to shine as bright as you possibly can, everyday, and to be honest with yourself first… don’t compromise that which you know is true for you…. For you are an amazing warrior, powerful, beautiful and alive and it is your job to love yourself and live in joy and love!
You can find out more about Robbie on her website,  www.robbiekaye.com or www.robbiekayegallery.com Her fine art photography card store is found on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/people/robbiekaye.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment