Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I used to love getting my photograph taken.

"I used to love getting my photograph taken" is what Barbara lamented when I asked her to take her photograph. She was reluctant, but in the end, she gave me permission and I'm so happy she did.  She was an opera singer in her day... and you can tell because she is so graceful and elegant and her 88 year old voice is soothing to listen to.  Barbara told me how she felt about women feeling pressured to stay young looking in the work place - she said it made her sad.  Then as we talked some more, she said that we were kindred spirits and that was music to my ears and my heart... I felt like I could sit and talk with her for hours.  I just know that she has amazing stories to tell.  Wouldn't it be great to have a round-robin kind of panel and have these women trade stories, one after the other?  Like a songwriters in the round, it would be story tellers in the round and we would be gifted with their presence and when it was over, there would be a connection made for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment