Monday, July 5, 2010

It's been a long time coming...



I've been out of touch.... literally.  Not just with my blog, but with myself.  I needed to take some time to be still, quiet and just listen... to nature, to the wind, to myself.  So I took a 5 day personal retreat and started it off by driving down to San Diego to see the amazing Claire Cook, best-selling author give a talk as her newest book, "Seven Year Switch"  was just released and is now in book stores everywhere! I met another twitter friend/author, Dawn Maria, before the talk and had a fantastic dinner. I stayed in San Diego for 2 days, thanks to a generous friend who gave me points to stay at the Sheraton down there.  I pampered myself with a massage and sat by the pool reading Claire's book and eating caesar salad and herbal iced tea.  I went to sleep early, never turned on the television and slept straight through to the morning...something I hadn't done in - I don't know how long!  Wow.. it was amazing...I felt so rejuvenated just by getting that kind of sleep.
I'll share more about my "retreat" and photos too - soon...  just wanted to touch base and let you know  I'm still here... just working on the "engine" to keep the machine running.  Hope you are too!

What's YOUR Seven Year Switch? http://bit.ly/bYhy1D

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning Seven Year Switch and me in your blog, Robbie. I'm truly honored! I'm so glad I got to meet you in person in San Diego, and I'm inspired by your retreat -- and your photos!

    xxxClaire
    http://ClaireCook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robbie....
    Thanks for sharing on a wonderful exp of life!..A complete rejuvination like this is a revamp and we all need to explore it!...you are different and unique!...Love you robbie for your work and spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww shucks, I thought my AB was comin' up north for a retreat in what feels like the amazon! 101 today! Missing you and your beautiful wisdom sooo much:) xoxo Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your retreat ~ I took one this summer as well at about the same time. I left home for 3 weeks to house sit for my sister and to be by myself to rejuvenate and re-fire the engines. I had hoped to get a lot of writing done but instead I enjoyed the quiet ~ the diminished demands and the beauty of nature that was all around me. Too often we don't give ourselves the time we truly need in quiet contemplation and stillness. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete